Monday, February 28, 2005

My Castle

My home, my castle. Mi casa is Mi casa. The Brat was finally well enough to go to class, giving me some peace and quiet around here that's been sorely missed.

The Brat finally got around to finishing the puzzle yesterday. Or finishing it as best he could minus one piece. I got a really dirty stare from him when it came up missing. I settled down like the fabled Cheshire cat. Cam though, wasn't fooled a bit. I don't know how he does it, but as soon as it was determined the piece wasn't on or under the table, he looked in two places before finding it behind the couch. The Brat wasn't even grateful it was found at that point. Cam shot me a look that usually makes Josh shrivel. Me? I just shrugged, 'what can *I* say?' That round was a draw.

Cam stopped by the store today, complaining the entire time he was putting the groceries up. Supposed to be under some winter storm watch for tomorrow, which meant everyone was at the store getting the bread and the milk. He dislikes going when everyone is panicking, but I only had a few days supply of food left and that was about as low as it was going to go. Now.......I don't understand the bread and milk thing. IF the power should go out and you're stuck at home, won't the milk sour and the bread be useless for anything other than wish sandwiches? I mean, don't all the sandwich fillings always come out of the fridge? And God forbid, you canNOT eat a peanut butter sandwich without milk! You'd glue your mouth shut for ever and always!

Wait.....Cam? Feed the Cat. Milk. Now. All of it. LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!!!!! Pssssst, The Brat looks in need of a peanut butter sandwich.

No comments: