Thursday, August 11, 2005

I'm hot stuff.

Okay, it's hot. I get that. I seriously get that. My salad outdoors is a crispy yellow rather than the succulent green that I like. Food chooses to stay hidden rather than come out and play. Can't sneak up on the flying bits of food because the grass sounds more like rice crispies than anything else. I am thankful the mowing beast is silent.

But that does NOT change the fact that I want a lap to lie on. I couldn't find Cam the other day and was resigned to trying the brat's lap. I got up, got settled, and two minutes later had to rearrange myself because the brat did. Got settled again, another blissful two minutes and we move yet again. Then he has the gall to drop some of what he's drinking on my head. Then I get a shower of crumbs as he's munching through a very dry bag of pretzels. I'd share the kibbles with him but he doesn't deserve it.

He finally put me on the floor. Or rather, *I* gave up and left. He was all 'you're too hot' and I shrugged. At least he knows it.

No comments: