Monday, August 01, 2005

Payback

The brat is not only standing on my very last nerve, but jumping up and down on it! He was entirely too self-satisfied with the fiasco of the talking turkey leg. He'd snicker everytime he walked by for a day or two.

Then something happened. I walked into the living room one day and got picked up immediately by him. An earful of mush and lots of petting followed. Then he set down something on the floor and put me next to it. It smelled suspiciously of Nip.

He kept trying to get me to play with it, but aside from Nip, I was smelling something fishy. He's never this nice and entirely too caught up in the idea that I play with this thing. It's hairy, has eight legs and a tail. I stalked off the first night - No Way was I going to entertain him after all the snickers and comments about legs and impossible cats.

It's intriguing though. I've had a look or two when he wasn't watching. Mostly it wasn't around if he wasn't. So finally, last night, I thought I'd give in. It was sitting there and he was lying on the couch. After he pointed about a dozen times like a dumbass to the thing, I went over to give it a sniff and a whack.

Except when I got my nose to it, it JUMPED!!! I heard a loud thump in admist the giggles from the brat, letting me know he was actually rolling on the floor laughing. I didn't care, I was on top of the stairs by that time.

In case you were wondering, that THING didn't frighten me. It's just that I wasn't expecting it to move and it caught me off guard. Just in case the brat had anything to do with it, I didn't waste my money on a plastic something, but brought in a fresh spider from outdoors and put it into his lap.

Cam! Pet the cat! Then when I'm done with you, you can peel the brat off the ceiling.

No comments: