Friday, April 22, 2005

Maybe not summer........

I was sitting in the window earlier and it's getting chilly. Wind is blowing and I heard the weatherman say that the windchill (this IS a term reserved for the winter mind you) was going to be 20 this weekend. 20!??! It was nearly 80 yesterday! I think we're going to have a few storms tonight.

Josh gives me so much to write about. I should thank him, but why? Last night was yet another drama filled night, but not because he was spanked. No, last night was all, and I mean ALL, his fault. It was late and he had headed upstairs to get ready for bed. As you read earlier, the weather is getting a little odd around here. It was cool enough that the windows were open, but Josh thought the air needed a little help to move around. So Mr. Smart Man took the fan that was plugged in on one side of the bathroom door and pulled it across the door, putting it on the chest on the other side. That meant that humans needed to step up and over the cord, while I could saunter right underneath. He did see, and remember the cord being there on his way into the bathroom, but I guess brushing his teeth jarred loose the memory and it washed down the sink. He yanked open the door and executed a beautiful swan dive, almost straight into the side of the bed.

Yep, the silly boy hung his toes on the cord and he and the fan went flying. Then came the sound of elephants as Cameron rushed upstairs to find out why the plaster was falling on his head downstairs. Finding his brat in a crumpled, crying heap wasn't what he expected. No one heard me laughing.

Josh was fine, for any of you that were wondering. He didn't appreciate the ice that Cam put across his knees before they went to sleep, but I looked this morning and his knees are the same bony things they were before he fell. I was hoping to see a basketball there.

I'll let you know this weekend if I find Josh under the bed when the lightening strikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the 20's? I'm not sure that's even spring much less summer! Temp here in Texas was 74, a little cooler than usual for us this time of year. BTW, we don't count it as summer until the temp is in the 90's --and since I'm in Houston, by mid-July the 98 degrees will accompanied by 98% humidity. It's like a sauna but oh that's the price we pay for spring that begins by March...

I know you are not sympathic but poor Josh. Falling on your knees is the worst. Not to be impolite but if you had knees it would change your perspective at bit.

Well, work tomorrow so I'm send a goodnight from Texas. Looking forward to reading of your household's further adventures.

sdc