Monday, April 25, 2005

No knees is good knees

Before ANYone else develops a soft spot for poor wittle Josh, let me tell you what he did. Yesterday Cameron decides to do laundry and as usual, he would appreciate a little help from Josh, who was having none of it. Cameron finally dumped a load of clothes on the floor and moved Josh to them, leaving him with no doubt as to who was going to fold them. The tv went off and Josh was instructed not to move until they were folded and put away.

All I wanted to do was soak up some of the warmth as it was COLD yesterday. I settled on the fringe, certain that I'd have just enough time to soak the heat out of the clothes before Josh got around to actually folding the piece I was sitting on. Instead of getting to enjoy the heat, the brat pulled a shirt over my head and held the bottom closed. I managed to find an opening and got my head and one leg out. I dug in with both feet and threw myself forward, hearing the satisfying rip as I did so. Josh's laugh stopped about that time and I backed up and headed out the new opening I'd made. I made sure to keep one leg hooked into it and headed straight to Cameron.

He was, to put it mildly, surprised to find one of his nice shirts shredded. Josh did the smart thing and didn't follow, giving me plenty of time to get my fur straight with the help of Cameron. I took his chair when he got up, carrying the shirt with him. The scene unfolded (pun intended for those of you who are slow) something like this:

Cameron stopped just short of the pile of clothes, watching Josh dutifully folding. He cleared his throat before Josh looked up.

"Want to tell me how Gizmo happened to be wearing this lovely shirt?"


You could hear the air coming out of all tires.....

"I was TRYING to fold the clothes and Gizmo jumped into the middle of them." I don't think so. "I just put the shirt over his head and he went spastic." I don't go spastic. I just wanted out.

Cameron didn't waste any more breath. He grabbed Josh by the arm and pulled him up and I heard quite a few smacks landing as he spoke. "You do not torture the cat just because you're mad at me for making you help fold clothes." I heard several suprised sounds coming from Josh's mouth, before a long, drawn out whine appeared. "Caaaaaaammmmmmmm."

"You can stand there and think about other ways of handling that situation - quietly," Cam finished before Josh could voice another word.


Yes, corner the brat. Safest place in the house for him. Come back and pet the cat Cam. Pet the cat, corner the brat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Previously expressed sympathy for Josh's knees aside, I'm on your side on this one; although I have to admit I would have loved to have seen the sight you must have made dragging Cameron's shirt with one leg. Have you considered a teaching career -perhaps Drama 101?LOL. Josh may need a bit of therapy himself before too long.

sdc